The Salyers

The Salyers

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Baby's First Easter

I am tickled pink that this year I get to prepare an Easter basket for my baby girl! I went and bought lots of cute little things that she can use instead of going with the prepackaged baskets.  I hate those things.  It's a lot of money for nothing in them.  Much better to do your own.  This is what the Easter Bunny brought goose.

[caption id="attachment_338" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="This girl racked up!"][/caption]




[caption id="attachment_339" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="Monkey Bibs!"][/caption]




[caption id="attachment_340" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="Chocolate bunny and Caburry Eggs (for me of course!) and some Paci's"][/caption]




[caption id="attachment_341" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="Monkey Security Blanket"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_342" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="Rattle and Chew Toy"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_343" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="Two cute outfits!"][/caption]


Overall, I think her basket turned out great.  That Easter bunny didn't do too shabby.

I love Easter, it is my second favorite holiday, Christmas being first.  I love getting all dolled up on Easter Sunday for church and eating tons of Cadbury Eggs but besides that I LOVE hearing the story of the sacrifice Jesus made for us on that cross.  It gives me chills just thinking about it.  What he went through for you and for me....it's unimaginable.  Tonight I did Resurrection Eggs with Emma (yeah yeah, it's never too early to teach her!) and my niece and nephew.  They loved it and so did I.  Picturing all the steps that took place before Jesus took his last breath brings me to tears.  The amazing, unselfish sacrifice he made means that one day when I leave this world I will spend eternity with my Saviour.  Do YOU know the love of my Saviour? I pray you do because you will never find another love like it.  With out him I am NOTHING.

Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior.
Waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord.
Up from the grave he arose.
With a mighty triumph o’er his foes.
He arose a victor from the dark domain,
And he lives forever with his saints to reign.
He arose, he arose, hallelujah, Christ arose.

1 comment: