The Salyers

The Salyers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Playing Catch Up

So yeah...you remember that thing about time I was talking about? Well, I have yet to find any extra time to blog.  Things in the last week have been crazy busy.  Let me catch you up in bullet point fashion.  Why bullet point you ask? Well, it goes back to that whole time-consuming thing.  Seeing as though baby girl will be arising from her nap any minute now I should make this snappy.  Any who, here we go!

  • Me and Dustin enjoyed a date night in Nashville.  We enjoyed dinner at J. Alexanders and a comedy show at Zanies.  It was so strange not having Emma with us but so nice to enjoy a wonderful dinner with no kids! It was much needed.

  • I got a sinus infection.  I was down for a few days.  I realized that being sick is much different now that I'm a mom.  You just have to suck it up and keep trucking because there is still a tiny being that needs to be taken care of.

  • I had Emma this past week a lot without the help of Dustin.  He worked quite a bit last week and out of town at that.  I was also sick remember? I have been TIRED!

  • We had a yard sale at my mom's house on Thursday and Friday.  Getting up at dawn and packing up me and baby to be at my moms by 7:30 am was not an easy task but I accomplished it.  I only ended up making $13o for both days which to me doesn't hardly seem like enough for all the blood sweat and tears we poured into it.  Come Saturday I was totally beat and still trying to recoup from my sinus infection.  No rest of course though because hubs was working all day.

  • Sunday was church.  Daddy and baby stayed home because neither one of them felt very good.  Bad mommy for passing on her sickness.  After I left church I headed to the grocery store for some much needed food.  I can never seem to find time to grocery shop either.  After unloading groceries and putting them away we had some Mexican food for lunch and I spent the rest of the afternoon at the mall shopping for baby clothes.  She is growing so fast!!

  • Monday I took Emma to the doctor because I was almost certain she had an ear infection.  I thought wrong.  Only teething and maybe a slight cold since she was running a low-grade fever.  I forgot to mention that on this particular day I had to reschedule her doctor's appointment twice that day because I couldn't find my keys.  I was running around like a mad woman searching for them while my baby was screaming her poor head off in her car seat.  My mom had to end up coming to get us.  Did I also mention that it was a monsoon outside? Pretty sure that by the time I got back home I was drenched from head to toe.  Miserable miserable day.

  • Today I have spent my time relaxing and pampering myself since daddy is home from work.  I got to sleep in (do I hear angels singing?), I went to the gym for a great hour work out, I went and got a pedicure and manicure, I sat and ate lunch with no baby crying (I think I forgot how to finish a meal), I've also caught up on baby laundry and now I'm actually able to sit and write a post on my blog! So thankful for when daddy has days off :)


Well that should pretty much catch you up on what's going on in the Salyer household.  I'm looking forward to the remainder of this week because Dustin is home all week and weekend long.  I will pay for this though when he is out of town for five nights next week, but I'm trying not to think about that.  I just want to enjoy having him home.  We are heading to Virginia on Thursday morning.  It's our first trip to visit his family since Emma was born and they are all looking forward to seeing her.  They won't even recognize her! She's getting so big.  See for yourself...

 




[caption id="attachment_313" align="aligncenter" width="410" caption="Look at those legs"][/caption]

 




[caption id="attachment_315" align="aligncenter" width="461" caption="She loves looking at her toys!"][/caption]

 




[caption id="attachment_316" align="aligncenter" width="448" caption="Lounging on the couch."][/caption]

 

 

[caption id="attachment_317" align="aligncenter" width="448" caption="Mommy and Daddy enjoying a date night!"][/caption]

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Wait..Virginia? Are ya'll coming here? Does this mean we get to see you guys soon? That'll be so awesome! I can't believe how big she's getting and how fast. It's insane how the time flies and also a little sad. She's such a beautiful girl and you're all such a beautiful little family. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! She is getting so big! And so cute :) Love that you guys got a date night out - we still haven't. And I like your pamper day - but what do you do about pumping? Come back for it? Take it with you? I haven't figured out how to get out of the house for more than a couple of hours yet because even if I don't feed her, I have to pump. And gym - WOW! Really, WOW! Go you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to chomp on those chubby little thighs!

    ReplyDelete