The Salyers

The Salyers

Friday, April 1, 2011

Time?

image

Oh time. Such a simple word isn't it? You may think so but I don't know where time goes. Time is running away from me. I read several blogs where these women have also just had a baby and they blog every day. Are they super human? I am struggling to post once a week and sometimes it's two weeks. Am I a slacker or not able to multitask? I miss blogging. I tell myself at some point every day that I'm going to sit down and post and as soon as I go to type something I have a baby cry because she's hungry or has a dirty diaper or just wants my undivided attention. We are definitely finding a rythm now and I don't want to jinx myself for saying the word "schedule" but we are in a good groove. Yet, I still can't find time to get everything done during the day. Laundry piles up, my dogs go without baths and the affection they so desperately need, the dishes pile up, naps for mom are a joke(if your a new mom who is able to nap I need your secrets!), my hardwood floors never shine anymore(my Shark steam mop I got for Christmas is feeling a bit lonely in the closet)...I really could go on and on. I know as Emma gets older I will adjust more but I feel behind. She will be 3 months old in just a few days (wow...where is TIME going) and I still feel like I'm always playing catch up. I usually have one to two days a week where I am able to cram all the chores in and ge stuff done. It's usually the days Dustin is off from work. Poor guy...he works 40 and 50 hours a week and on his days off I put him to work. Neither one of us ever get a break. I see now why people hire Merry Maids! I'm really hoping to start posting more. Hopefully my days slow down and I can start finding some extra time in the day to post. I say I never have time to get anything done but I'm keeping up with Emma's baby book and I started a scrap book for her. At least memories are getting documented so we can look back on them. One thing I am looking forward to is my first date night out with the hubs tomorrow night. No baby...just the two of us. We are going to Nashville for a nice dinner at J.Alexander's and a comedy show at Zanies. I'm so excited but I'm sure our conversation will mostly be about Goose and how she's growing so fast. I'm going to miss her but its just for a few hours. I think getting dolled up for a night with my man is just what we both need. Hopefully, I will find TIME on Monday to post about our evening out. Oh if there could be more hours in a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment