The Salyers

The Salyers

Monday, August 23, 2010

19 Weeks, Whoa!

I cannot even believe it.  This pregnancy is half way over.  I remember when I first found out, time was just creeping by and now I can't remember where the weeks have gone.  I only hope the next part of this pregnancy goes as fast.  The sooner we get to meet this little bundle of joy the better.  I told Dustin the other day that I'm on pins and needles to hold a precious onsie covered baby butt and kiss its sweet hands and feet :) I also informed him as soon as this baby starts growing up on us it's going to be time for another! We don't even have the first baby popped out and I'm planning the second already.  Crazy right? We have both always wanted a pretty big family, Dustin more than me actually.  I always said two was my max but now you just never know! I have felt for the longest time that our home was missing something and lonely at times and now I know it's the presence of kids.  The pitter patter of little feet, cuddling with our kids and just the plain joy of raising and watching our children grow.  So here we are half way on our way to adding our first little one and we couldn't be happier.  All the praise and glory goes to the Lord.  This is such an amazing blessing and experience.  I'm so thankful he's protecting this baby and myself.  God is good!

Next Tuesday the 31st we have our 20 week ultrasound.  We will be able to find out what we are having.  I hope this week doesn't drag!

19 weeks!!

3 comments:

  1. Woooo! I didn't think I would be so excited to be an uncle. I know Dustin and I have some pretty great uncles: Chris, who has always been like a big brother to us, and Don, who is just an endless source of fun and knowledge. I hope I can have a similar positive influence in my role as an uncle (perhaps without all the craziness that Don has). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what you're having! You best be letting me know asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drew,
    Just wait until you are having a baby of your own. Then the excitement really kicks in! You will be a great uncle and a great father one day. Hopefully our kids grow up around the same age ;)

    ReplyDelete