The Salyers

The Salyers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Welcome To Our Story

It has been a little over a year since I quit my last blog.  After a crazy year I've decided it's time to start writing again.  I'm so excited to share my story again.  I hope to use this blog more often than my last one.  I think I was writing for all the wrong reasons last time.  I looked more forward to the people reading and leaving comments than actually writing the words.  It became a chore rather than something I enjoyed.  Over the past year I have definitely grown as a person, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend and soon to be parent.  I've learned many life lessons in a year and fell in love with the man of my dreams all over again.  I'm excited to share my faith, my love for life, my love for my family and excitement for a new baby with the world and I hope that whomever reads this blog, if anybody even does, that they enjoy it and learn something from it.  I'm writing this time for myself and that is all that matters.  I hope that people who read this will laugh with me, give advice and encouragement, cry with me whether happy or sad and just plain enjoy what I write.

2 comments:

  1. HI!!! I think I'm the first to comment! Yay!
    I'm glad you are back to blogging. And I think your post was super! I feel the same way, when I blogged it was about making people like me and read my blog and comment. It wasn't for me at all! I tried to cater to the reader. And it got to be a chore. So I think your honesty is great. Do it for you!!! Way to go Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you Girlie, with change comes growth. I am excited to find out the sex of the Baby. I am leaning toward a boy. Figure you might as well join the club with me and Em. Then they can all play together. :) Wishing you the best. I am really happy for you and Dustin.

    ReplyDelete