The Salyers

The Salyers

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Why I love Sundays.

I could probably write a book on why I love Sundays.  It is probably my favorite day of the week.  In bullet point fashion here are my reasons why:

  • We found the most amazing church ever and I can't wait for Sunday mornings to arrive.  Looking forward to what the future in this church holds for us.  I really could stay there all day on Sundays.

  • Sunday lunch! Whether it's a home cooked meal or sitting down at a restaurant, nothing is better than a great Sunday lunch.

  • Nap time...Oh what is better than getting home from church and lunch, turning on some TV and snoozing the day away.

  • Cleaning (sounds crazy right?).  I am quite a cleaner anyway so Sunday cleaning is actually very therapeutic and relaxing for me.  It's a great way to start the new week fresh and clean! Today I even went as far as cleaning out boxes, photo albums and yard sale items.  That could maybe be super early nesting setting in because that much in-depth cleaning isn't really like me.

  • Nascar racing and NFL.  I am tickled pink that football is back.  Fall is definitely my favorite time of the year.  One reason being football.  Go TITANS!

  • Spending quality time with my sweet husband.  Nine times out of ten he doesn't work on Sundays so we get to spend all day together.  Definitely cannot beat that.

  • Also, Sundays always mean one more week down in this pregnancy, Woot Woot! Which means 17 weeks pregnant, 3 weeks until we find out whether this precious baby is a boy or girl and 23 weeks to go! I've gotten to the point where every time I see a baby in public it melts me and I'm almost tempted to steal it!


So there you have it people...the reasons why Sundays are so darn amazing! I mean do you not agree? Sundays are the most fabulous day of the week.  If you disagree, just try my list and I promise you will be a fan soon enough! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.  Happy Monday tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Sunday is probably the best day of the week, mostly for the reasons you listed. However, I prefer Sunday to be a day of REST! Nevertheless, it seems like we always have something that needs to be done or fixed. I personally believe that we should go back to the good ole days when everything was closed on Sundays. Nothing was open, no one worked, everyone just went to church and spent time with family. Wouldn't that be nice?

    ReplyDelete