The Salyers

The Salyers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Five Months Old

Today my sweet girl is 20 I repeat TWENTY weeks old.  I almost have a six month old baby.  How did this happen? I blinked and poof she's a big girl.  It's so exciting to see her changing though.  She's really turning into her own little person.  She's got the sweetest personality.  I just love her to death.  Here is what's new with Goose.

  • She is laughing.  We finally got the sweetest chuckle out of her.  I however being so excited about it forgot to pick up my phone and record it.  I've yet to be able to get her to do it again.  Go figure.  She's a bit stubborn.

  • She is finally rolling from back to tummy! I was so excited for her.  She really thinks she is a big girl.  Every time I lay her on her play mat she immediately rolls over.  She's figured it out and she's obsessed with rolling over.  I guess we better baby proof because she'll be crawling before we know it.

  • I'm not sure how much she weighs for sure but she's definitely over 16 pounds.

  • She is still doing well in her crib.  She had a hard time napping over Memorial Day weekend with all the commotion but I'm hoping she makes up her naps throughout the week.

  • She is reaching for everything and sticks whatever she can find in her mouth.  What a slobber machine I have on my hands.

  • She is in love with baby food.  All the child does is eat.  I think I'm going to try using the Baby Food cook book this week, that my friend Erin got for me.

  • She's found my hair.  Once she grabs hold, there is no prying the death grip that her little fingers have on my hair.  Guess it's ponytails from here on out.

  • She loves the pool.  I have a water baby for sure.

  • She's getting shy.  When somebody comes up and talks to her she smiles and turns her head away.  It's the cutest thing ever!


She's perfect.  Absolutely perfect.  I don't even remember what life was like before her.

 

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fom-BWOvygk&w=425&h=349]

1 comment: