The Salyers

The Salyers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Weekend Update

What a quick weekend. It's almost like I blinked and it was gone. On Friday we took Emma to her 4 month check up, which went great. I guessed her weight correclty. She I a solid 14 lbs and 24 1/2 inches long. She is a little over 50th percentile. Perfect! She is growing up right before my eyes. I was looking back at pictures and she has changed so much. After a round of shots and a few minutes of snuggling her to calm her down we headed out to run a few errands. She did much better with this round of shots. No crying and less swelling in her legs. I think giving her Tylenol before the appointment and then every 4 hours on the dot helped a lot. She slept most the day, not really wanting to be touched since she was sore. That evening we put her in her pj's and went out for some hibachi and sushi. She slept the whole time. Sweet girl. We got home, filled her belly with some yummy cereal and snuggled in on the couch for a movie. I cannot even express what a fabulous day it was. I could use more of them.

Saturday, we were up early to prepare for my nephews 3rd birthday. Our intentions were to have a pool party but it ended up being a yucky cold day. We moved the party in doors and it ended up working out. Several people attempted getting in the pool but that was short lived since it was freezing! Poor Ethan got out purple and shivering. He was much happier inside playing the Wii where it was warm. The day was fantastic. Ethan got some amazing gifts and played until he dropped. That night the birthday boy and his sissy spent the night with us and enjoyed waking up to a yummy breakfast I had ready for them.

I just love weekends like that. It went by too fast.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="375" caption="The Mario Party Set Up"]image[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="375" caption="The Spread! Yum Yum We had a make your own Sub set up, shrimp pasta salad (I need to post this recipe bc it's fab!), baked beans, chips and hot dogs."]image[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="450" caption=""My Mawwio and Wuigi Birfday Cak!e" -BoBo aka Ethan"]image[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="375" caption="Somebody is a happy camper!"]image[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="375" caption="Yoshi stuffed animal that me and Uncle Dustin got him."]image[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="375" caption="DSi from us. He is a little rotten :)"]image[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="375" caption="Have you ever seen a child so excited to get clothes. He's too cute!"]image[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="375" caption="The big surprise from his mommy and daddy!"]image[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="375" caption="My big 18 week old in her Johnny Jumper! She's not such a fan yet..."]image[/caption]

1 comment: