The Salyers

The Salyers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Little Mermaid

First off, I just want to thank everyone for all the advice from my last post.  Naps are getting easier.  I've had to just break down and do the crib thing.  When I know she's getting really sleepy (by either rubbing her eyes or getting fussy) I will take her and lay her in her crib with her favorite monkey, her Seahorse and binky (aka blanket).  After a few minutes her paci will pop out and she starts crying.  After around 5 minutes of crying I go in and soothe her without talking to her, put her paci back in and BAM! She's usually out in less than a minute.  Sometimes I have to go back in twice and do that same thing but it's really working.  She's out of our bed at night and sleeping in the crib for naps and I have to say so far so good.  Keep your fingers crossed it stays this way!

A few days ago, it was a sunny 85 degree day and with Emma napping well I finally got to enjoy a day by the pool.  The water was still a bit chilly but worth getting in to cool off.  When Emma woke up from her nap I decided it was time to introduce her to the swimming pool since she will probably be spending a lot of time in it this summer.  I of course only let her feet touch the water since it was still a little cold but she loved it! I would take some water and sprinkle on her to cool her off and she would get a huge smile on her face.  The water is really starting to warm up so soon we will be able to put her in her baby float and really let her enjoy the water.  I think I'm going to have a mermaid on my hands.

[caption id="attachment_419" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="I'm ready for the pool Mom!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_420" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="First time in. I think she's a fan!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_421" align="aligncenter" width="461" caption="We decided to strip the bathing suit. I bought a size 3-6 months but it's super tight. She loves being naked anyway so it works. I love my little chunker!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_422" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="Yep, I'm cool in my Hello Kitty Shades :)"][/caption]

I'm so glad it's warm! Bring on summertime!

1 comment:

  1. OMG SO CUTE! I love her little glasses. heheh so stylish already. I really do wish we had a pool - I'm thinking about going out to walmart and getting one of those plastic kiddie pools for the summer.

    ReplyDelete