The Salyers

The Salyers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend Hoopla

What a LONG (but fabulous of course) weekend. It's Tuesday and I'm beat. I feel like it should already be Friday again. Anybody else feeling that way today? Over the last three days I have had so much food I think I might not be able to button my jeans today (jazzercise here I come). I have soaked up so much sun that I may just be a lobster today. I have played so much corn-hole that my arm may just fall off. Also, I have had LOTS of people at my house so I am definitely enjoying the peace and quiet today. I am so grateful that I got to spend such a beautiful weekend with family and friends. Thanks to all the brave men and women who fight everyday for our freedom, so that we can enjoy these times with our loved ones. Let's see how should I do a recap....why, bullet points and pictures of course!

  • Friday night was dinner and a movie with two of my best friends ever.  I drove down to Tennessee and met them at The Streets of Indian Lakes for a little dinner and drinks at Sam's Sports Grill (delish by the way).  Afterwards we headed over to the theater to see The Hangover II.  It was really funny and actually less crude than I thought it would be surprisingly enough.  It was really nice to get out and about with the girls for a few hours thanks to a wonderful husband.  He's a great dad :)


[caption id="attachment_430" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="One of my besties Jayme"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_431" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="Me and Erin (this is the very first friend I ever made when we moved to BG and now she has moved away from me. Oh how I miss her.)"][/caption]

  • Saturday my sister, brother-in-law and their two kids came over for some pool action.  We swam all day long and that evening we tossed (we'll we didn't literally toss it on there..you get what I mean) some fish and shrimp on the grill.  It was a fantastic day and thanks to lots of haziness nobody got burnt...until Sunday and Monday that is.

  • Sunday we had lots of family over.  My sister, BIL, niece and nephew, BIL's oldest son, my aunt, her son, her BF, my mom, my step-dad and four crazy dogs running around.  It was a packed house and boy did we have a great day.  Swimming, corn-hole (very competitive in this family might I add), burgers and dogs (not the living ones I was referring to earlier) on the grill and an overall had a fantastic day.

  • Monday....we were pretty exhausted from a long weekend so decided to once again lounge by the pool all day.  I may or may not have turned into a lobster.  That evening after putting some steaks on the grill, eating, showering and cleaning up around the house and pool, we crashed.  I mean as in we were asleep before our heads even hit the pillow.


[caption id="attachment_432" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="Ouch. You should see it today. So much for wearing 30 proof sunscreen all day!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_433" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="Lougin'"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_434" align="aligncenter" width="512" caption="Gotta love the baby pool hats right?!"][/caption]

2 comments:

  1. are babies allowed in the sun/can they wear sunscreen? I'm scared to take mine out in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved dinner! Had a blast :) and i miss you too!! maybe I'll come back one day....???

    ReplyDelete