The Salyers

The Salyers

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Morning Conversation

This morning at the crack of dawn this is what my conversation was with Dustin as he's waking out the door for work...

Dustin: Where are my truck keys? (Said in hateful tone mind you)

Me: I don't know...(half asleep, remember its earrrrly)

Dustin: Well, you drove the truck yesterday and I neeeeed them!

Me: Just take the car! (Pulls covers over her head)

Dustin: I neeeed the truck keys because the pharmacy key is on them! I've searched everywhere. (Huffing and puffing)

Me: Why in the world would you put your work keys on our truck key chain? That's just stupid.

Dustin: Amanda, it's been that way forever and I'm not changing it now! "It wouldn't be a problem if you would put the keys back on the key rack!" (My famous quote...I'm the key Nazi)

Me: Did you check the truck? Maybe I left them in there.

(As he storms out the door to go look I get up to go make coffee..however I can barely see since my eyes are almost glued shut with allergy junk and dry contacts...)

Dustin: (slamming door) Not in there!

Me: Why are you being so mean? I am walking around half asleep while you yell at me!

Dustin: Well you lost the keys!!

Me: Like you've never misplaced anything....pahlease! Did you check the diaper bag? I bet ya they are in there!

Dustin: I already looked and they aren't in there!

Me: I bet you didn't look good, they are in there I betcha.

Dustin: They aren't!

Me: Oh really? Cause looky what I just found in the diaper bag! (Jingling keys in his face) Such a man to say you looked and didn't.

Dustin: I did look.

Me: More like glanced...

Dustin: Bye.

Me: Bye (grrrrrrrrr)

(Door slams in face)

Lesson of the day....men don't look very good am I right? It's like when they go to the fridge and ask where the ketchup is and you specifically tell them and they still overlook it...sheesh! What a morning. Good thing I love him even if he's a meanie :)

3 comments:

  1. You are right! Both my husband AND my son can never find anything. Even if it's right in front of their face! I'm constantly saying "(Thing) is over on the table, the dresser, etc." and they always come back and say it wasn't there. And I ALWAYS go to the place I said it was and it is usually right where I said it would be. It is so frustrating. I sent my son in the other day to get his cellphone (as were sitting in the car in the driveway) on the kitchen counter and he came back and said it wasn't there. I told him that if I had to go back in and his cell phone was sitting on the counter where I said it was he was going to be in BIG trouble. He went back in and immediately returned with the phone and when I asked him where it was, he said "the counter like you said". It took a THREAT for him to actually LOOK. It is so frustrating and totally a man thing. Even litte men have the issue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked thru your purse 5 times, because that's where you assured me they were. I looked thru the diaper bag twice, but not in the little tiny end pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg I think this exact conversation happened in my house too; Every day.

    ReplyDelete